Massage Therapy Schools In Altona IN
If you have decided to start a career in the field of massage therapy, then a massage therapy school is surely a great point to start from. Becoming a massage therapist in Altona Indiana is a lengthy process that involves hard work, commitment and a lot of money as well. If you are determined to attend massage therapy school to reach your goal, then here you will find several useful tips that will help you choose the best one:
Popular Massage Therapy Programs Near Altona IN
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
1. Focus On The Ones That Are The Most Appealing
Finding the right school can take some time, but fortunately you have plenty of resources you can use in your best interest. If you are looking for a local massage school, then the Yellow Pages will certainly come in handy, and so will the Internet where you will find a wealth of schools, along with reviews and recommendations. Also, it is very important to have a live meeting with the admissions staff, to see if you truly are on the same wavelength. Choosing a school is always a tough choice, as you will have to attend its classes for the next months, but once you have evaluated the different opportunities it is time to make a list of the schools that appeal to you the most.
2. Check The Teacher Qualifications
As a newbie, you need a skilled, trained, experienced and properly qualified teacher that will introduce you to the art of massage. In addition to the basic skills and training, the teacher must be kind, patient and he must possess good organizational skills. If your chosen school offers you a detailed tour of the campus and a live meeting with your future teachers, make sure to ask questions and to befriend them!
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
3. Accreditation Is A Must!
The accreditation of the massage therapy school is also extremely important, for two main reasons: firstly, it guarantees that you will get high-quality training and the best services for your money, and secondly a diploma from a school that is not accredited by the relevant review body (COMTA, in this case) is worthless. The school should be accredited by the Commission On Massage Therapy Accreditation, a strict review body that determines whether a certain institution is good enough to offer training programs in the field of massage. At the same time, COMTA makes sure to re-evaluate the massage therapy schools regularly.
4. Know The Average Cost And Make The Best Choice
Massage schools have different programs, but on average a massage therapy program lasts for 18 months. The type of the program, be it intensive or a basic overview of massage, along with the accreditation and reputation of the school can have a tremendous impact on the price of the training. The prices can vary anywhere from $6,000 to $20,000, but it is important to check Indiana laws to see the exact number of hours you need in order to get your license.
What do they teach?
The more massage techniques you learn, the better you’ll be able to find a job in Altona after your education is over. Specifically, ask if these massage techniques are part of the coursework:
- Thai Massage
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hydrotherapy Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Chair Massage
If you master all of these your chances of finding a steady paycheck as a masseuse are excellent.
Thanks for putting this together!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into the different massage therapy training in Indiana and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…