Massage Therapy Schools In Chester County SC
If you have decided to start a career in the field of massage therapy, then a massage therapy school is surely a great point to start from. However, this is easier said than done, as becoming a professional Chester County South Carolina massage therapist takes months of hard work and commitment, and you need to ask yourself whether this is what you truly want in the long run, given the fact that massage therapy has a high burn-out rate and the costs for training are not neglectable either. Having said that, finding a reputable massage therapy school can be very challenging given the wealth of options, but the following hints will help you make the best decision:
Top Massage Therapist Programs In Chester County South Carolina
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
1. Concentrate On The Top 3 Most Interesting Schools
There may be a dozen massage therapy schools in South Carolina, but how do you choose the most suitable one for you?. You can look in the phone book to get a deeper insight into the schools that are close to you, and you can also look online to narrow down your options. Also, it is very important to have a live meeting with the admissions staff, to see if you truly are on the same wavelength. After that, simply jot down a list of the top 3 or 5 massage therapy schools that appealed to you the most.
2. Pay Attention To Teacher Qualifications
The more skilled and trained the teacher, the better. In addition to the basic skills and training, the teacher must be kind, patient and he must possess good organizational skills. If your chosen school offers you a detailed tour of the campus and a live meeting with your future teachers, make sure to ask questions and to befriend them!
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
3. Check The Accreditation
The accreditation of the massage therapy school is also extremely important, for two main reasons: firstly, it guarantees that you will get high-quality training and the best services for your money, and secondly a diploma from a school that is not accredited by the relevant review body (COMTA, in this case) is worthless. The school should be accredited by the Commission On Massage Therapy Accreditation, a strict review body that determines whether a certain institution is good enough to offer training programs in the field of massage. After granting the accreditation, COMTA will periodically check on the massage therapy schools, just to make sure their standards are still high.
4. Know The Average Cost And Make The Best Choice
Massage schools have different programs, but on average a massage therapy program lasts for 18 months. The price, however, can be higher in South Carolina, depending on the overall number of hours and the type of training, be it basic training or intense. Despite the fact that these programs can easily cost up to $20,000 or even more, you can find programs at more affordable prices provided that you get informed about the minimum number of hours one needs to get the South Carolina license.
What do they teach?
The more massage techniques you learn, the better you’ll be able to find a job in Chester County after your education is over. Specifically, ask if these massage techniques are part of the coursework:
- Deep Tissue
- Hydrotherapy Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Reflexology Massage
- Swedish Massage
You’ll want to learn several to most of these massage types as they are in demand.
Thanks for putting this together!
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to look into all the massage therapist training in South Carolina and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!