Massage Therapy Schools In Climax GA
If you have decided to start a career in the field of massage therapy, then a massage therapy school is surely a great point to start from. However, this is easier said than done, as becoming a professional Climax Georgia massage therapist takes months of hard work and commitment, and you need to ask yourself whether this is what you truly want in the long run, given the fact that massage therapy has a high burn-out rate and the costs for training are not neglectable either. If you do not know where to start from when choosing the right massage therapy school for you, then the following tips will surely benefit you and help you make an idea:
#1 Massage Therapy Classes Close To Climax GA
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Massage Therapy
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
1. Make A Top 3 List
Finding the right school can take some time, but fortunately you have plenty of resources you can use in your best interest. For instance, you can use the local phone book or the Internet, to make an opinion about the massage therapy schools available in your area. Also, it is very important to have a live meeting with the admissions staff, to see if you truly are on the same wavelength. After you have completed your research, make a list of the most appealing schools and then slowly narrow it down.
2. Check The Teacher Qualifications
As a newbie, you need a skilled, trained, experienced and properly qualified teacher that will introduce you to the art of massage. Keep in mind that the teacher must have all the qualities you are looking for in a mentor or a leader, and the organizational skills play an important role as well. It often happens that massage therapy schools organize various visits and tours where students get the chance to meet their future teachers, so make sure to take advantage of that!
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
3. The Massage Therapy School Must Be Accredited
The accreditation of the massage therapy school is also extremely important, for two main reasons: firstly, it guarantees that you will get high-quality training and the best services for your money, and secondly a diploma from a school that is not accredited by the relevant review body (COMTA, in this case) is worthless. COMTA stands for Commission On Massage Therapy Accreditation, and it only grants accreditation to those schools who meet a strict set of standards. At the same time, COMTA makes sure to re-evaluate the massage therapy schools regularly.
4. Don’t Neglect The Price Of The Training Program Either!
Massage schools have different programs, but on average a massage therapy program lasts for 18 months. The price, however, can be higher in Georgia, depending on the overall number of hours and the type of training, be it basic training or intense. Despite the fact that these programs can easily cost up to $20,000 or even more, you can find programs at more affordable prices provided that you get informed about the minimum number of hours one needs to get the Georgia license.
Check the syllabus
The more massage techniques you learn, the better you’ll be able to find a job in Climax after your education is over. Specifically, ask if these massage techniques are part of the coursework:
- Lomilomi Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Hydrotherapy Massage
- Hot Stone
- Chair Massage
You’ll want to learn several to most of these massage types as they are in demand.
Cool site, thanks!
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to look into the different massage therapy schools in Georgia and found one I really like. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…