Massage Therapy Schools In Commerce Township MI
If you have decided to start a career in the field of massage therapy, then a massage therapy school is surely a great point to start from. However, this is easier said than done, as becoming a professional Commerce Township Michigan massage therapist takes months of hard work and commitment, and you need to ask yourself whether this is what you truly want in the long run, given the fact that massage therapy has a high burn-out rate and the costs for training are not neglectable either. Having said that, finding a reputable massage therapy school can be very challenging given the wealth of options, but the following hints will help you make the best decision:
#1 Massage Therapist Classes Near Commerce Township MI
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
1. Focus On The Ones That Are The Most Appealing
Finding the right school can take some time, but fortunately you have plenty of resources you can use in your best interest. If you are looking for a local massage school, then the Yellow Pages will certainly come in handy, and so will the Internet where you will find a wealth of schools, along with reviews and recommendations. It is important to connect with the professionals at the massage therapy school, and meeting the admissions staff is certainly a great way to see if you share the same views and ideals. Choosing a school is always a tough choice, as you will have to attend its classes for the next months, but once you have evaluated the different opportunities it is time to make a list of the schools that appeal to you the most.
2. See Whether The Teachers Are Qualified And Skilled Enough
As a newbie, you need a skilled, trained, experienced and properly qualified teacher that will introduce you to the art of massage. Keep in mind that the teacher must have all the qualities you are looking for in a mentor or a leader, and the organizational skills play an important role as well. If your chosen school offers you a detailed tour of the campus and a live meeting with your future teachers, make sure to ask questions and to befriend them!
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
3. The Massage Therapy School Must Be Accredited
It often happens that students are not fully aware of the importance of school accreditation, as accreditation grants top-notch teaching and a diploma that will surely open many doors in the future. The COMTA is the most important review body in the field of massage, and it determines whether the school in question complies with the rules and regulations in your state. After granting the accreditation, COMTA will periodically check on the massage therapy schools, just to make sure their standards are still high.
4. Don’t Neglect The Price Of The Training Program Either!
On average, the length of a massage therapy program is of 18 months, although it can last more or less depending on the total number of hours the student must achieve to get the license. There are several factors that influence the price, such as the type of the training or if the school is based in Michigan or outside the state. You should expect to pay up to $20,000 for a lengthy, in-depth training course, although you can find one at half of that price if you search long enough.
The more massage techniques you learn, the better you’ll be able to find a job in Commerce Township after your education is over. Specifically, ask if these massage techniques are part of the coursework:
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot Stone
- Shiatsu Massage
- Reflexology Massage
If you master all of these your chances of finding a steady paycheck as a masseuse are excellent.
Cool site, thanks!
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to learn more about all the massage therapy schools in Michigan and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…