Massage Therapy Schools In Dover AFB DE
There is no better or faster way to achieve recognition as a reputable massage therapist than by attending the classes of a professional Dover AFB, DE massage therapy school. Nonetheless, getting your license as a massage therapist in Dover AFB Delaware is not as easy as one may think, as the programs often last for more than a year and a half, they are not cheap and they involve a lot of practical work. Having said that, finding a reputable massage therapy school can be very challenging given the wealth of options, but the following hints will help you make the best decision:
#1 Massage Therapy Schools Near Dover AFB Delaware
- One of the largest massage therapy schools in the nation, leader in massage therapy education for over 30 years.
- First massage school in California to be nationally accredited.
- Convenient Morning, Afternoon & Evening Schedules across all 7 campuses, choose the schedule that best fits your lifestyle.
- NHI offers lifetime career placement assistance and holds partnerships with a variety of employers.
- Our mission is to help you find work you love. In 2013 & 2014 over 87% of our graduates were working in the field of massage therapy.
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
1. Make A Top 3 List
Finding the right school can take some time, but fortunately you have plenty of resources you can use in your best interest. For instance, you can use the local phone book or the Internet, to make an opinion about the massage therapy schools available in your area. Also, it is very important to have a live meeting with the admissions staff, to see if you truly are on the same wavelength. Choosing a school is always a tough choice, as you will have to attend its classes for the next months, but once you have evaluated the different opportunities it is time to make a list of the schools that appeal to you the most.
2. Check The Teacher Qualifications
As a newbie, you need a skilled, trained, experienced and properly qualified teacher that will introduce you to the art of massage. Keep in mind that the teacher must have all the qualities you are looking for in a mentor or a leader, and the organizational skills play an important role as well. It often happens that massage therapy schools organize various visits and tours where students get the chance to meet their future teachers, so make sure to take advantage of that!
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
3. Check The Accreditation
Despite the fact that the school accreditation is vital for the career of the student, many students oversee this aspect, unaware of the fact that a diploma from a massage therapy school that is not accredited will not do them any good in the future. The school should be accredited by the Commission On Massage Therapy Accreditation, a strict review body that determines whether a certain institution is good enough to offer training programs in the field of massage. At the same time, COMTA makes sure to re-evaluate the massage therapy schools regularly.
4. Know The Average Cost And Make The Best Choice
Massage schools have different programs, but on average a massage therapy program lasts for 18 months. There are several factors that influence the price, such as the type of the training or if the school is based in Delaware or outside the state. Despite the fact that these programs can easily cost up to $20,000 or even more, you can find programs at more affordable prices provided that you get informed about the minimum number of hours one needs to get the Delaware license.
What do they teach?
The more massage techniques you learn, the better you’ll be able to find a job in Dover AFB after your education is over. Specifically, ask if these massage techniques are part of the coursework:
- Lomilomi Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hydrotherapy Massage
- Hot Stone
- Shiatsu Massage
If you master all of these your chances of finding a steady paycheck as a masseuse are excellent.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into all the massage therapy programs in Delaware and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…